Thought for the Day (or a few days)

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lunch with Karen and Susan!



WOW! That is all I have to say, WOW! To see Karen walking over to the group at the "Center" was a joy that can not be described. Karen was in the hospital at Mission with a brain aneurysm. Watching her get to this point has reminded me that what the doctors, nurses, resp. therapy, and the whole team at Mission Hospital do for these kind of patients. The smile on Karen's face, her great "one liners" are such a joy to see and hear. Susan has been there for her through it all. What a great friend and companion. We all should have someone like that in out lives. I sat there listening to Karen and Susan's friends talk about Karen's journey as people who work at the Center walked by and came over to say hello. How cool that I get to be in their lives. OK, it's gardening with Laurie and Karen next!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool Mom. It is always nice to see what you are doing over there at that hospital. You really are an angel for those people. I am proud to call you my Mom.

    ReplyDelete