Thought for the Day (or a few days)

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Starting the Medical Mission In Egypt

We began our Mission April 19, 2010

The train to Minia.
Our group, Laurie, Lucinda, Nancy, Minia our translator, Ragaa and Brooke
Cairo. A view from my room of the Nile and the surrounding city. Always busy, a city that never sleeps, there is always someone up driving around honking thier horns.
When I first arrived to Maadi outside of Cairo, where my cousins live, I was wisked away for a wonderful, relaxing trip to Ain Sokhna on the Bay of Suez. Ain Sukhna, the Arabic for "hot spring", was named after the nearby sulfur springs. The springs originate at Gebel Ataka, the northern most mountain in the Eastern Desert. As we sat on the beach, the cool wind blew and we could see the Sinai across the beautiful blue water. The young ones got into the water, but I was just too cold to attempt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment