Thought for the Day (or a few days)

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Children




I saw so many children with injuries! They were casted with cuts, abrasions and amputations. Such suffering! They cried out as a child does and we did our best to comfort them. Some of them lost their parents in the quake and are now orphans. I was walking on evening to a secret bathroom (that was always a challenge for us) I saw a sweet little girl probably near two years old. She laughed and we played tagged. There was a bandage on her hand, which really did not phase me as many people and children had some kind of dressing or missing limb. I tried to ask the mother how old she was using my fingers. The mother proceeded to show me how many fingers and part of her hand she lost with her injury. I aknowledge that by touching her shoulder and then continued to run and play with her child. I wanted to grab her and take her with me to a safe place! The sweet little girl smiled and laugh not even caring about her injury at that time but to be a child and play with me. How grateful I was for that experience!

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful babies! Thanks for sharing your experiences!

    ReplyDelete