Thought for the Day (or a few days)

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

Monday, January 11, 2010

De Stuffing My Life, A journey from Over Abundance to Simplicity

Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy-----because we will always want to have something else or something more.
" Just one more thing and that will make me happy. If I get this it will make things easier and I will feel better."
My motto: Keep it Simple and I will add the stupid part to the end of that sentence as well. 2010 the new year and new goals. Many of us have so much stuff. I have to much stuff and I hope to de stuff my house and life this year. I do not want to spend the time taking care of the stuff, paying for the stuff, organizing the stuff. I really can get by, live with less stuff. I wish this epiphany came to me at least ten years ago, think of how much further i would be ahaead in my de stuffing goal. Today is always a good day to start and continue de stuffing.
A house full of stuff can be very depressing. A cluttered room saps one's spirits. One reason, obviously, is that there's less room for people in a room full of stuff. But there's more going on than that. I think humans constantly scan their environment to build a mental model of what's around them. And the harder a scene is to parse, the less energy you have left for conscious thoughts. A cluttered room is literally exhausting. Walk through the house and ask your self these questions, "Is it functional? Is it fulfilling to own? is it priceless?" Hey just found a place to sell DVD's, CD's, games called SECOND SPIN Trying to get all my CD's on my Ipod with back up so.....out the ones go that I do not want any longer. Hey I might even get a check in the mail!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, well said! I've been using Craig's list to try and sell some collector plates that I have accumulated over the years, but with no luck - let me know if you find any good source for that!
    I'm gonna check out the second spin and see if I can unload some CD's too!
    Thanks for the tip......

    ReplyDelete