Thought for the Day (or a few days)

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

Thursday, January 28, 2010






Towards the end of the trip. We had many evacuations of children and the ones that needed a higher level of care. Helicopters landed daily to take these people out. I am sitting here and just heard a helicopter outside and my thoughts went immediatly back to those days when they would show up and we knew some would be able to get out. Many are still waiting for the trip out. Paraplegics those with spine injuries wait in the tent for a chance to be evacuated! Jim Keaney spoke to KFI's Bill Handle daily, reviewing what we found and what we were doing to help. The stories of the people each day touched our hearts and pulled at our emotions. Things were changing daily sometimes hourly and the military presence had to be kicked up a bit with incidences happening throught the compound. I never felt unsafe during my stay though. I just knew that it would be OK and kept doing what I had come to do, taking care of people who had suffered greatly just a week or so before we arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment